Monday, February 6, 2012

Reasons I'm Excited to See The Wheeling Nailers

I'm going to go the Wheeling Nailers game on Saturday, and I'm actually pretty pumped. I've never been to a Minor League game, but I'm sure it will be fun watching the Pens affiliated team play. Few reasons why I'm looking forward to Saturday after the break.

1. Could be the last season for the Nailers (in Wheeling at least), so making it out to see them once is a must.

2. Even though I love going to the Consol Energy Center for games, the smaller stage gives fans with a lower income, like maybe a college student, a chance to get close to the action to see players that may make the NHL someday. It's a long shot for some, but you never know.

3. The Nailers currently sit atop the Atlantic Division in the ECHL, which is pretty awesome for what their going through. Hopefully their success will help them stay put in Wheeling.


4. Peter Merth.


According to The Blum Life, Merth is a big deal. Looks like there's a new P.M in town, PaulMart.

"This guy is your average defenseman 6 foot 3 225 pounds, but who cares. This Merth character is nothing but a leader and aptly given the “A” for Wheeling. His stats don’t say much besides he ends up in the penalty box quite a bit. Now that we got that out of the way I am going to point out that during Wheeling’s 2010-2011 campaign when Merth was in the lineup the team went 37-27 and when he wasn’t on the ice the team went 1-2." 


Looks like there's a new P.M in town, PaulMart.

Merth also played a few games in Wilkes-Barre, which goes to show that he is a pretty solid D-man. Oh and he's a solid fighter too.




I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post them here Saturday Night.

Go Nailers.

Go Merth.

Go Pens. 


2 comments: